2022 HG Wells Short Story Competition: Switch0
November 22, 2021 by Tim Prater
Founded by the world-renowned BBC Aeronautics Correspondent Reg Turnill and his wife, Margaret, to celebrate the life and works of HG Wells and encourage creative writing, especially among the young.
The annual HG Wells Short Story Competition offers a £500 Senior and £1,000 Junior prize (* see footnote) and free publication of all shortlisted entries in a quality, professionally published paperback anthology (and Kindle version).
Entry to the Junior competition is FREE and entry to the Senior competition is £10 (£5 for those with student ID).
Previous years’ publications can be seen at http://www.trencavel.co.uk/St%20Ursin.html
The theme for this year’s competition is SWITCH in its broadest interpretation.
There are two categories:
- Authors 21 years of age and under (on 11th July 2022) with a prize of £1,000. (Entry is free).
- Authors aged 22 years and above on 11th July 2022 with a prize of £500 (entry £10 or £5 with student id). Yes, the Junior Prize is higher than the “22 and over” Prize – see footnote for explanation!
Entry will be via online form only.
Dates for your diary:
- Monday 11th July 2022 (midnight BST) : final date for entries
- Wednesday 21st September 2022 : shortlists announced
- Sunday 20th November 2022 : Awards Ceremony
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can ONLY enter online via our website.
* The £1,000 Junior Prize is funded by a legacy from our founder Reg Turnill at his specific instruction. The £500 “22 and over” prize was not part of that legacy, hence the different amounts. You can learn more in our FAQs.
Category 2022, short story competition | Tags: